It’s finally done!! After 2-1/2 years, I finally have my clothesline done and in use! Brian built the posts last fall while I dug the the holes, and we poured the concrete and let them set. Then things went crazy and we never got to finish it.
So, almost 2 weeks ago, I went out and dug the holes for the anchors, mixed and poured the concrete and set those. A few days later, Brian hung the lines and ran the lines for the anchors. After the concrete had set a little over a week, we went out and tightened the lines. I finally got to use it for the first time yesterday!
We made 3 posts and have 200 feet of line. We bought 200 feet of 1700 lb vinyl coated wire (like this found online at Lehman’s). It is guaranteed not to stretch or break. Overkill? I don’t think so. It should hold up very well over time and still be going strong when the cheaper line that is normally recommended is stretching and breaking and in need of replacement. I’m going to be able to hand 6 to 7 loads of laundry out at a time (if I need to, LOL)! I did hold off on laundry for a couple of days just so I could hang out a few loads at once. I have really missed having a true clothesline to use in the warmer months. I do have drying racks that I used and had ran a line on our screened in back porch, but there’s nothing like looking out and seeing all my nice, clean laundry drying in the sunshine and blowing in the breeze. Not only is a wonderful to see, but it saves me money by not having to use my dryer all the time! Just a wonderful added bonus for me!
Thank you, sweetheart for the wonderful clothesline! I love it! I plan to use use my clothesline for many years to come!
This post is linked to: