Hey all! The lovely Country Road Abode nominated me for the Liebster Award! This is basically a meet and greet for bloggers, a way to get to know each other better, and a great way to find some new blogs to check out!
Here’s what we do with the Liebster Award:
– Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display your award.
– Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
– Give eleven random facts about yourself.
– Nominate eleven blogs (with 200 followers or less) that you think are deserving of the award
– Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
– Give them eleven questions to answer.
So, here we go with my questions from Country Road Abode:
1. What’s your favorite thing about where you live?My favorite thing about where I live is just being in the country! I love the lack of “city ambiance,” traffic, & neighbor-on-top-of-neighbor. Yes, we do have neighbors, but I can look out my windows and NOT see into their homes!
2. What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? (leave a link!)
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to a vet, but I also wanted to a wife & mother. I dreamed of having a home of my own with a wonderful husband & children – God was gracious enough to grant me my desire to be a wife & mother. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
4. What was the first blog you started reading? Honestly, I can’t remember! LOL It’s been several years since I was introduced to the blogging world.
5. What movie do you think should have a sequel?
6. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family or group, which would it be? I’m not sure if this one qualifies as a TV sitcom, but I would love to be part of “Little House on the Prairie” or “The Walton’s.”
7. What’s your favorite song? Free to Be Me by Franchesca Batastelli
8. What is the worst job you’ve ever had? Being a sales rep for a well-known hotel chain. Sitting there, answering the phone and trying to “sell” more expensive hotel rooms, combos (air, car, hotel, etc.) I’m not a sales person by any means.
9. Do you collect anything? Antique canning jars! I LOVE them! And, yes, I do use them for dry food storage & display.
10. What is the best compliment anyone has ever given you? My husband telling me I’m still beautiful & the love of his life after almost 20 years is the best compliment I could ever receive!
11. How far away from your birthplace do you live now? A little over an hour. Not too far!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love sweet tea – SOUTHERN sweet tea! But, I also love a good cup of hot tea.
2. My biggest weakness is chocolate-covered strawberries!
3. I really don’t like large crowds. I’m actually fairly shy & tend to not have too many close friends, but I’ve learned how to interact without feeling too overwhelmed.
4. God & family are my life!
5. I love the mountains!
6. I love camping – sleeping in a tent/pop-up, no electricity, cooking all your meals over the fire, reading a good book, swimming, etc. – camping!
7. Until we moved here, I had always lived in the city! I had always wanted to live in the country & have a farm. Now, I’ll never go back! I love our life here!
8. I never set out to homeschool. In fact, I always said that I would/could never do it. Never tell God never! 😉 Now, I wouldn’t have it any other way! Even with the rough days, I am still in awe that God put this desire in my heart.
9. Even though I don’t like large crowds, God has granted me the ability to be able to organize & feed large groups of people. Talk about being taken out of your comfort zone. I may look like I’ve got it all together when I do things like that, but inside, I’m constantly praying for the wisdom & strength to get through each & every time.
10. In case you didn’t know, I LOVE to cook/bake!
11. I didn’t do hardly any canning before moving here. Now, I can’t get enough of it!
Now for my Nominees:
And the questions for my nominees:
1. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Hot or cold?
2. What is your favorite season & why?
3. What is your favorite snack food?
4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
5. What are your 3 favorite hobbies?
6. What is your favorite holiday?
7. If you could travel to one place, where would it be?
8. What is your favorite book?
9. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Leave a Link!)
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be & why?
11. What is your least favorite chore?
There you have it, the Liebster Award post!
Don’t forget to visit Country Road Abode and these other great blogs!