I’m not really going to be planning a menu this week since it’s just 3 of us. Our girls are off to camp for the week and will be back on Friday. I do know that we promised Michael, our son, that we’d take him to his favorite pizza place one day this week, so we will be eating one one day. Other than that, I’m just going to wing it! We have plenty on hand to eat. I really need to try to get the grill cleaned up so we can start grilling. I just haven’t been home the last few weeks to get it done. So, this week will be a laid back week. Michael will probably be picking most of the meals this week. So, check back next week to see what’s on our menu once everyone is back home again! I’ll be glad. It’s too quiet around here!
I can hardly believe that we’re near the end of another month and almost halfway through the year! Where has the time gone? But, one of my favorite things about this time of year is all of the FRESH fruits and veggies that are showing up in all of the stores and at market stands all over. It’s so refreshing to taste the freshness that they bring to a meal. So, if you’ve read my post about my shopping trip on Saturday, you’ll know that my menu this week will revolve around a lot of our fresh ingredients.
- Fruit smoothies
- Fresh Fruit with homemade yogurt – sweetened with honey
- Homemade biscuits with eggs & cheese
- Sandwiches on homemade bread
- Hot homemade chicken broth with noodles
- Bagel pizzas
- Chicken Nuggets/pizza rolls with fries/tater tots
(in no particular order)
- Crock Pot ™ Roasted chicken with potatoes, garlic, carrots, & onions with a side of corn, & peas with mushrooms
- Crock Pot ™ Swissed Steak with a side of potatoes & steamed broccoli
- Chicken fajitas (using leftover chicken) on homemade whole wheat tortillas using homemade fajita seasoning mix
- Crock Pot ™ Poor Man’s Soup
- Crock Pot ™ Beef Stew with lots of veggies & homemade rolls
The only day I’m not too sure about at this point is Thursday. We’re finishing up our homeschool co-op classes that day & will be having a special night. I believe everyone will be bringing a covered dish or two to share, but I’ll have to double check that tomorrow. Regardless of how Thursday goes, I have plenty of food on hand to improvise, if necessary.
I’m also going to try my hand at making homemade roasted red pepper hummus this week. I’ve been putting this off for some time, but I’ve finally decided to give it a shot. I have a red pepper that I need to use up, so I’ll roast that up to go with the chick peas that I already have precooked & in the freezer just waiting to be used.
For more great menu plans, don’t forget to head on over to Organizing Junkie to see what everyone’s planning for the week!
I know I’m a bit late posting my menu for the week, but better late than never! I’ve had it made & ready to go but, for some reason, I didn’t put it on my blog. Oh, well. Here it is. I spent Monday making a double batch of homemade whole wheat bagels, and they turned out deliciously!
- Amish Baked Oatmeal with fresh/dried fruit
- Sausage, egg, & cheese bagels
- Cream cheese bagels
- Oatmeal pancakes
- Pizza bagels
- Crock Pot Beef Stew (held over from last week)
- Mexican Goulash
- Biscuits & gravy, bacon, & eggs
- Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Buffet
- Out to eat (Mother’s Day) – my family would like to take me out
If you’re looking for more great menu plans, don’t forget to head on over to Organizing Junkie!