I, myself, love to crochet, as does my oldest daughter. But, it can be a very expensive
habit hobby to have. I would love it if someone were to give me a gift that would help me support my habit hobby. It’s one of those hobbies that I find very relaxing, and I can take it with me just about anywhere. So, I thought I would share with you some of the things that I would enjoy receiving as a gift that you might give the crocheter on your gift list this year.
– Crochet Hooks– If you know of a certain size that your crocheter uses a lot of or is missing, this is always well received. I know I have duplicates of certain sizes because I use them the post and almost always have at least 2 projects going at any given time.
– Crochet Hook Organizer Case – These are a must have for any serious crocheter because it helps to keep all your hooks together. You can never have too many since most of us will have duplicates. We need to keep up with all of them.
– Comfort Grips for crochet hooks – these are nice. They help make the small aluminum hooks easier to hold and keep your hands from cramping as bad.
– Crochet Thread – I have found that I love crocheting with thread. However, each project takes quite a bit of thread, so I know that I would love getting a gift of various colors of thread. Just make sure that you have at least 2 of each color that you choose to give because, most projects will take a minimum of 2 balls, and there is nothing worse than getting most of the way through a project only to find that you don’t have enough thread and the color you are looking for is either hard to find or has been discontinued.
– Skeins of yarn – If you can find out if there is a particular color that your crocheter is looking for, definitely pick it up for them! Make sure to take the brand name and the color name with you to the store so that you make sure to pick up the right one.
– Stitch Markers – these really come in handy when you’re changing colors quite a bit or have a design in your work. If you make jewelry, you can even make a few using a lobster clasp. These are the ones that I love the most.
– Hot chocolate or flavored teas – when you’re sitting there working away, a nice cup of hot chocolate or tea is always welcome.
– A good bar or bag of chocolate – If your crocheter is a chocoholic like me, then you can’t go wrong with their favorite chocolates. A couple of my favorites are Lindor Truffles or Ghirardelli Chocolate. If they have another favorite treat, then those would also be well received.
I hope this helps you find the perfect gift for that special crocheter on your list this year.